What makes this book even better is that Kevin systematically holds your hand and personally guides you through regional wine tastings in a step-by-step format that allows you to get both a handle on the wine and an enticing glimpse of the wine region as a whole.
The Bottom Line:
He effectively breaks down the intricacies of the wine world into bite-sized chunks for those just tiptoeing into the wine scene with hands-on application, a quick wit and a casual, conversational writing style, yet seamlessly turns it up a notch for those wine enthusiasts that have spent more time with the vine. Bringing relevant, user-friendly content, credible, easy-to-follow course design and a long-term love affair with wine to the table, Kevin has created an outstanding introduction and comprehensive foundation on which to build and expand your own wine education.
If you were to use this book, as it’s designed as a true blue wine education course, complete with eight full-fledged classes (and for those wanting to test their new knowledge, each “class” ends with critical content review questions) you could not help coming away with a very solid wine education. Not only would your enjoyment of wine grow exponentially with such a solid primer, but your confidence when selecting, buying and tasting wines would soar as well.
Like a favorite wine, Windows on the World Complete Wine Course, is a well-balanced, highly engaging and completely approachable wine education for those wine lovers desiring to take their passion for wine to the next level.
- A user-friendly book that effectively builds a solid wine education foundation.
- Excellent consolidation of information into easily accessible chapters and sections.
- Well-organized for easy reference.
- Appreciate the course-design, complete with review questions at the end of each chapter.
- A very minor "con," but I would love to see space for personal tasting notes after each class tasting section.