An Introduction to White Wines
White Wine Basics
First things first, why is "white" wine, not white at all, but yellow, golden or straw-like in color? Its color can be derived from an assortment of grape varietals. White wines are made from the grape juice and grape skin of green, gold or yellowish colored grapes or from just the juice (not the skin) of select red grapes (as in some Champagnes).
- White Wine 101
- White Wine Overview
- White Wine Serving Temps
- Italy's Best White Wine Region
- How to Store White Wines
- Wine Flavors
- White Wine with Lobster
- Sweet White Wines
- White Wine Clubs
- Sauternes - Bordeaux's Sweet White Wine
- What is Ice Wine?
- Best White Wines for Summer
- White Wines for Grilled Fare
- What Makes a White Wine Dry?
- Why A White Wine's Vintage Matters?
- Germany's Mosel Rieslings
- Riesling Taste Profile
- Sherry - Made from White Wine Grapes
Champagne & Sparkling Wine
The Champagne we know and love comes exclusively from the Champagne region of France, and claims the honor of being the most famous of the sparkling wines. Technically, it is the only sparkling wine that may be referred to as "Champagne." Bubbly from all other regions in the world are simply referred to as "sparkling wine."
- Champagne & Sparkling Wine Basics
- Top 10 Champagne & Sparkling Wine Reviews
- Pairing Champagne & Sparkling Wine with Food
- Serving Champagne & Sparkling Wine (video)
Types of White Wine
A quick reference to the major types of white wine varietals.
- Pinot Blanc
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Sauternes and Sweet White Wines
Riesling wines originated in Germany's Rhein and Mosel river valleys, it was here that this white grape gained its tenacious foothold in today's modern white wine market. A Riesling wine can span a broad range of styles, being produced in both dry to sweet variations as well as light to full-bodied.
- Riesling Wines 101
- Riesling Wine Regions
- Riesling "Rules" - A guide to German Riesling Classifications
- Riesling Recommendations & Reviews
Need a quick overview on the world's #1 selling white wine varietal? Then look no further, we've got the basics and top Chardonnay recs and reviews covered here.
- Chardonnay Basics
- Chardonnay Recommendations & Reviews
- Beyond Chardonnay - Other Intriguing White Wines
White Wine Sangria Recipes
Sangrias are a favorite summer time or holiday beverage because they are super easy to make, even easier to drink and are always a crowd pleaser!
- White Wine Sangria Recipe Index
- White Lightening Sangria Recipe
- Simple White Wine Sangria Recipe
- Passion Fruit Sangria Recipe