Using a basic, waiter-style (traditional) wine corkscrew is a fairly straightforward endeavor. You'll just need to remove the wine's capsule foil, center the corkscrew in the middle of the cork, twist down, then use the lever lip to leverage the cork up and out. Pour and enjoy the wine.
Time Required: 1 minute
- Use a knife or foil cutter to cut the foil capsule under the rim of the cork and expose the top of the cork.
- Next center the corkscrew's augur in the middle of the cork.
- Twist and turn the corkscrew augur all the way down into the cork if you are using a waiter-style corkscrew.
- Once the corkscrew augur is buried in the cork you will need to extend the metal lever that looks kind of like a bottle opener itself. You will wedge the longest lever onto the lip of the bottle and start to wiggle the cork up and out, using the the lever for leverage and pulling up on the handle.
- Drop the cork, pour the wine and enjoy.