This Sangria recipe is perfect for big summer parties, fall gatherings, and holiday festivities - always a favorite, you may consider doubling the recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Orange cut into wedges
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Splash of orange juice or lemonade
- 2 Shots of gin or triple sec (optional)
- 1 Cup of raspberries or strawberries (may use thawed or frozen)
- 1 Small can of diced pineapples (with juice)
- 4 Cups ginger ale
Pour wine into a large pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon, orange and lime into the wine. Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible) and pineapple then add sugar, orange juice and gin. Chill overnight. Add ginger ale, berries and ice just before serving.
If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice. However, remember that the best Sangrias are chilled around 24 hours in the frig. - allowing the flavors to really marinate into each other.