Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Bottle of "blood" red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja reds, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- 2 Cups ginger ale or club soda
- 1 Orange cut into wedges
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- Dash of grenadine syrup (optional, for darker "bloodlike" color)
- Gummy worms, gummy bugs, or spooky hard candy eyes
- For extra Halloween fun, you can freeze those plastic spiders in spooky shaped ice cube trays for the ice mix-ins.
If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice.
Addition ideas: sliced strawberries, peaches, handful of fresh blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, a shot or two of gin, brandy or rum, or olives for "eyeballs." You might also consider adding black plastic spider rings to the stem of the wine glasses for further "effect."