The Bottom Line
- User-friendly resource for planning active wine country travel to America's favorite wine regions.
- Up-to-date contact info. for wineries, outdoor outfitters, food and lodging
- Unique travel guide that combines adventure travel with foodie lifestyle
- experiencing the regions and the wines accessible and enjoyable
- Well organized for easy reference
- Could possibly use more regional maps for visual lay of the land
- Author: Stefani Jackenthal
- Publisher: Price World Publishing
- 278 pages, covering the wine regions of California, Oregon, Washington, New York, Virginia, Texas and Colorado
Guide Review - Wanderlust Wining: The Outdoorsy Oenophile's Wine Country Companion
In an easy to use format, perfect for packing along, Wanderlust Wining brings an inspiring balance of itinerary options for those whose active lifestyles and foodie passions drive their travel plans. By covering California's heavy-hitters like Napa, Sonoma and Paso Robles to the hidden gems of Virginia, New York and Colorado wine regions, wine lovers nationwide can find accessible wine country travel opportunities that woo the outdoor enthusiast and oenophile in one fell swoop.
Sure to give plenty of energetic choices, ranging from kayak to horseback and hiking to biking, for exploring the great outdoors along with a healthy dose of relevant regional wine background, Wanderlust Wining seamlessly combines the pursuit of the perfect grape with handy lodging and restaurant recommendations.